Tuesday, February 9, 2010

new year, new blog


It may be February already, but it's still a good time for new beginnings as far as I'm concerned.  I've been considering a new blog for a while, and tonight I impulsively did it.  Even though I feel somewhat committed to the Livejournal thing, it's been six years since I joined.  Back then, I was taking pictures with an APS camera and getting them developed at Meijer.  I had never heard of Flickr, and a typical blog post contained no images, just words, mostly about college.  Livejournal worked just fine for me, and it was easy to keep track of my friends' blog posts too, since they all used Livejournal.  

Fast-forward to a new year, a new decade, and Livejournal-land is looking a little different.  Aside from the ever dwindling number of posts by friends, I haven't been satisfied with the look and layout of my blog there, mostly because it doesn't accommodate pictures very well.  These days, I communicate more with pictures than with words.  Oh, I'm still long-winded in my writing, but it's mostly in service to the photos.  

Therefore, the time has come for a new blog.  And this is that blog.  The first order of business: a recap of the New York trip from January (finally).  Although... I suppose I can't really call it a "recap" if I never... "capped" in the first place.  In any case, the pictures from that vacation are all up on Flickr now, and there are things I didn't mention the captions.  Blog posts will be necessary.

If I were really hardcore about the blogging thing, I would give this blog a specific focus—cooking, traveling, photography, book or movie reviews, home renovations, my new-found love of French macarons—but I'm not really hardcore.  Like the old blog, this will probably be a bunch of random stuff including all those things, loosely tied together with my pictures.  Read it if you like... or don't. :)


Yeah, the picture up top doesn't really have anything to do with anything in this post.  It's certainly not snowing in San Francisco as it is in other parts of the country.  I just felt like putting it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment